Rewind: May 2011

I'm slowly but surely catching up... here's what happened in May!
Bailey turned 1!
I already posted about this here, and here, but if you remember we didn’t have a birthday party until Mark came to Utah in June - an entire post for her party to come. Here are some fun things she did in the month of May:

Loved being outside and getting used to the grass

She started playing with her food and hair at the same time

We took her to the park to swing on swings for the first time, we all enjoyed it


Whenever she found a pair of glasses, she put them on


Climbed Grandma's stairs all by herself
Danced whenever she heard music
Splashed in the tub when I said "splash"
Got used to Grandma and Grandpa taking care of her
Away from daddy for the longest time: 1 month, away from mamma for the longest time: 12 hours
Loved the bath after a few weeks of "scared out of her mind baths"
Started to say no like this: "na, na, na, na, na"
Said "Ooooooo" to new things she discovered
Laughed whenever I blew kisses to her right before closing the door for bedtime
Pointed to her nose when I started singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes"
Made lion and tiger sounds by growling
She was still...quiet and shy in public, crawling, sleeping 12 hours at night and taking 2 naps, mauled with hugs and kisses daily
............

Beehive Bazaar

This was my second jewelry show during my stay in Utah. I’ve done this one twice before with great sales so I was excited to redeem myself from the bust of the Thanksgiving Point event. I made several trips back and forth to Provo and even stayed all day the last day and had a “4 Hour Sale” the last 4 hours of the show and gave everyone a discount. I had a lot of fun talking to people and admiring other artist’s works. There are so many unique handmade things there and the best part is trading afterward!
I traded jewelry for 3 headbands and a hair clip for Bailey, 2 headbands for me, a fabric banner, chocolate, cotton candy… and that’s all I can remember. I get asked a lot if I made the hair thing I’m wearing at the time, and my reply is always the same, “I traded for it”. Do you have anything you want to trade for jewelry?

My Booth

 
 ............

Mother’s Day

Bailey was born on Mother’s day last year, perfect gift. This year I also got some nice gifts in return for 9 months of pregnancy, 4 days of labor, 2 hours of pushing, hemorrhoids, 8 months of nursing, 8 months of waking up at least twice a night, and a lot of excess, doughy, stretched out skin on my abdomen. My parents gave me a great cookbook, "Our Best Bites" and a book of poetry, and Mark gave me a new camera lens. Well, I gave it to me and then told Mark he didn’t need to get me anything (that's how a lot of gifts work around here). I love this new lens; it’s a Canon 50mm, F1.4 lens. The F1.4 means I can take faster indoor photographs with a wider aperture, letting in more light, and it’s also a very shallow depth of field for more artsy looking photos. Needless to say I’ve pretty much had my camera attached my to arm ever since May.
We had a great lunch/dinner at my house on Mother's Day then Bailey and I drove down to Pleasant Grove and had a family dinner with Mark's family. Mark was still in Moscow.

I'm forever grateful to be the mother of this little girl.


New Lens photos, see the shallow depth of field? That means only a few centimeters are in focus then the rest is not.

Better seen in this photo, my eyes are in focus but it starts to get really soft as parts of my face get closer and farther away from the lens. The only light source was a small lamp in a dark room!

............

Hogle Zoo

I was so excited when my friend Angela invited me to go to the zoo with her and her little boy, Cooper! Angela and I taught school together and our pregnancies overlapped while we were teaching. I’m so grateful I can be a mom and do fun mom things like this. I also hadn’t been to the Hogle Zoo in about 9 years. We had lots of fun!



Baby elephant, Zuri!


When we got home all Bailey wanted to do was play with her animal toys.

............

Gardner Village

My mom, my sister, and I have always liked going to Gardner Village in South Jordan. It’s a little vintagy, village place where old houses and barns have been turned into shops. So we went and strolled around a few of the shops. Our favorite was the toy shop, before we would have passed it up, but now we have to stop and see all the cute toys for the kiddos. Bailey loved it! And of course we had to drool over all the cute home decor, furniture, pillows and quilts. I dream of the day we buy a house, and then I dream of the day when I can redecorate!









............

Memorial Day

Mark arrived in Utah the week before Memorial Day so we spent the 3 day weekend in St. George with some of his family. Mark’s parents have a condo there so we always have a place to stay.

We had fun with the family in the pool on Saturday. Then Mark and I went on a date to Red Robin and saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3D Saturday night – first date in 3 months!

On Sunday we went to church, then Carrie, Mark, Bailey, and I walked around the temple grounds, and then stumbled upon Brigham Young’s summer house and took a tour.



We celebrated Leslie's birthday, and went on walks around the condo complex.


 Then on Monday we went for a hike around Snow Canyon. This was kinda hard cause we didn’t bring a carrier or anything so we had to take turns holding Bailey. Then we went home Monday afternoon. Fun trip!


............

Sunday Snapshots

5 - 1 - 2011
I let Bailey look through the ads with me

Once she found this photo of her cousin, Owen, she pointed to it every chance she could!

5 - 15 - 2011
Dinner at Uncle Bob's (Mark's Grandpa's house). We eat here a few Sunday's a month during the summer and always play on the "Great Lawn"





5 - 22 - 2011
This Sunday we took a walk on the Lagoon Trail, you can see the animals from the trial that Lagoon has as part of their amusement park. Rusty the Elk is my dad's favorite, Bailey liked him too.



I love this house! It's part of the historic district of Farmington.

Found this gem in the Sunday ads. Come join us in Moscow for an "adventure" filled vacation! Ha Ha! I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Photobucket



No comments: