- Holds her head up SO well while we burp her, all she wants to do is look out and explore everything
- Smiles like crazy while I change her diaper, which now takes about 15 minutes because we play after, she coos and smiles and I just can’t get enough of it!
- She smiles while looking at her mobiles and under her play gym. We call the animals of her mobile her “friends” and she seems to love them.
- She slept from 12:30 am to 8:00 am one night – that would have great for me, but I kept waking up thinking she was crying or wondering if she needed me.
- Got her shots, I’ve never heard her scream so long and loud, I felt so sad but knew it would be somehow good for her
- After the shots, it took 2 weeks to get back to her “normal” schedule; she wouldn’t eat or sleep well for those 2 weeks, so frustrating.
- She found her hands! Now she can’t stop sucking on them. It’s quite hilarious. We’ll be driving in the car and all we hear is this intense sucking and then her hand will move and loud POP sound comes from her tongue smacking the roof of her mouth. The hand sucking also soothes her, she’ll be tired and cry then find her hands and within a few seconds she’s out.
- Sporting 3 month clothes.
- She talks more and more with ahhhhs and grunts, love that!
- She likes bath time more and more. We make eye contact the entire time and I talk to her, oh it makes me melt she’s just so stinkin cute!
8-10 Week Milestones
Her "friends" the elephants
Right after bathtime and a full meal
The baby legs I made her
Check up stats
Weight: 10lbs 12oz (50th percentile)
Last night was a great night for me. I was holding you right before I set you down in your crib, the night light was the only light on and your room was soft and dim. You weren’t looking at me, but I was looking at you thinking about how happy we are to have you in our home. Then you turned your head and looked up at me like you knew I was thinking about you. We made eye contact and you smiled a huge gummy smile, of course I couldn’t help but smile back. You kept on smiling and started your baby talk, it sounded like “hey, hey, hey, hey, gooooo” all with a big grin your face. I knew you were trying to say, “I love you too mommy!”
I got all teary eyed knowing that you know who I am and that you’re happy to be here too.
Again, watching her "friends" on her mobile
The Rest of July
She met the horses
Mike's big 30! Mikey came up for Aunt Mae's funeral but was able to stay for a week and celebrate his Birthday with us. He came down and helped me pack for a day, it was fun to have him around and watch him play with Bailey. He makes a great uncle.
I went out to lunch with my work friends who all had babies! So fun to see all these babies grow and to see what's ahead of me. Cassie is due in about a month in this picture, and Bailey is 2 months.
Angela and Cooper (6 months)
Natalie and Landon (14 months), Lesha and Brayden (4 months)
I'm going to miss these girls!!!