2009 Top Ten #7: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is always a great time. We get to be with family, eat food, look at ads, shop, realx, sleep, and of course count our blessings. I love it whether we spend it with my family or Mark's family. 2009 was a Thompson year and Marcie wanted to start a new tradition: Pie and Game Night, where we eat pie and play games the night before Thanksgiving. This way we can fully enjoy the goodness of pie instead of trying to cram it in on Thanksgiving day. So that's what we did. I made a snack tray with pumpkin dip and pumpkin pies, we played games and ate all night long.
Marcie got thirsty. That's a huge measuring cup.
The next day we had a plethora of good food!
Looking through the ads for Black Friday
Mark's family got me into shopping on Black Friday, I had never done it before until Thanksgiving 2008. I really didn't want to this year, but I couldn't resist a good deal on a rocker/recliner for the baby's room, a 47'' LCD TV, and a great shopvac. Needless to say, we got up at 5:30 and got our deals. We did save quite a bit of money!

We ended Thanksgiving playing a game where you hold up an animal picture to your face and try to guess what you are. It was for the kids, but the adults had a good time with it too!

Marcie as a hippo

Debbie as a snake

 Carrie as a crab

Callie as an elephant

Mark as a dog, this makes me laugh out loud EVERY time!

No comments: