January 2012

First off HAPPY NEW YEAR! Ha ha! Feels so odd saying that in uhm, August! But here's to a new year and catching up on this blog!

Mark and I have always done this same photo ever since we were dating. We hold up the new year on our fingers and Mark makes a super cheesy smile.



Snow
January was a pretty slow month for just about everything. Jewelry was slow, Mark went back to school which made the days slow, it snowed A LOT and that made going out slow. It snowed so much that there they even cancelled school at the university for a day! Mark just used that day to catch up on work, but Bailey and I ventured out into the snow a few times. She didn't really want to play in it, just smash it on the ground with her feet and brush it off her hands.














Painting
On one of our inside days in January I got out the paints Bailey got from Aunt Allie for Christmas. At first she was very cautious, dipping the paint brush in very carefully and putting it on the paper just like I showed her. Then I showed her how to paint with her fingers and...well it progressed from there. We painted for about 45 minutes and she loved it.





This is what we ended up with, good thing it's all washable!





Gymnastics
A couple of my friends and I decided to start bringing our kids to gymnastics a few times during the winter. It's a "mom and tot" class, so we are there supervising the entire time. This particular class is geared for 18 month - 2 1/2 year olds and they don't expect the younger ones to participate very much - good thing! Bailey just loved exploring and jumping, and of course running on her tip toes! It was so fun to watch her run on her toes on the tramp and back and forth on the big open floor with her hair blowing in the wind. After a few classes she started following the teacher more and doing what she said, I loved watching her learn and grow!


Bailey with her friends Emily and Cash







Play
Well like I said before, January was a slow month! We spent the rest of the month inside playing around the house. Bailey was cute with these toy cameras we got at the doctor's office. She wanted to take pictures whenever I had my camera out - which was pretty much all the time! I also got a collection of bouncy balls to bounce around the kitchen, that lasted an hour and I know our downstairs neighbors really liked it too. We also made forts and watched lots of movies!



Taking pictures of the balls just like mom did



Photobucket

No comments: