New Products and Photos for Tom Design

I like to think that I have excuses for not keeping my blog up to date. It could be that I'm lazy and sit around all day. Or it could be that I'm taking care of a baby and love to get down on my hands and knees and play with her instead of sit at a computer. Or it could be that there's laundry, cleaning, groceries, and dinners to be made. OR it could be that I'm trying to run a small business and need to finally make some new products. Yep, I think it's the last three. Sometimes I dream of sitting around all day, and one of these days I will!

I had the same products for a few years and needed to start some new things. Februray was FULL of coming up with new designs, ordering supplies, making jewelry, taking new photos, editing, and uploading to Etsy. Plus filling custom bride orders! Whew.

I'm super excited about these new pieces, some have true vintage components from the 1930's and 1940's and I've started using a few 16k gold parts.  


I really like my new style of photography with my jewelry. Fun backgrounds, setting up an outfit for necklaces, and including some props like plates, cups, and books. I think it all really enhances the jewelry and my style.

Setting up the shots for necklaces was my favorite part. I pulled out my clothes, made an outfit, and set up the background. It was like getting dressed for the day! I don't always do that. It was so fun to play designer, (and hand model here and there). What do you think?








Photobucket


 


6 comments:

Allie said...

Debbie these look great!!! I think the dishes and plates really does work well with the jewlery. It brings out the vintage/antique look you're going for. Keep it up!!! I want some!

Fab Five said...

Totally! I think your pictures really showcase your awesome jewelry! Beautiful!

CK said...

Love the design, it looks awesome, Debbie!

Nat-a-baby said...

Debbie, I just found your blog and I'm so excited! I love to find my friend's blogs. How much do you charge for the necklace with the yellow flower and the little bird hanging on it? I'm thinking ahead for Mother's day this year!

Jenny said...

Debbie-you are simply amazing! So creative! I love all your new stuff and the photography is great!

Unknown said...

Found your Etsy shop and now your blog. Beautiful jewelry!! Wish I had know about it before my wedding last year... You will soon be getting an order from Denmark :o)..

Kind regards
Kristin

(excuse the bad spelling in this comment)