8-10 Week Update, and the rest of July

I know I'm a little behind on posting, but I typed all this during the month of July when Bailey was 8-10 weeks old. I don't know when the next post will be, sometime after moving and settling down!
    8-10 Week Milestones
  • Holds her head up SO well while we burp her, all she wants to do is look out and explore everything
  • Smiles like crazy while I change her diaper, which now takes about 15 minutes because we play after, she coos and smiles and I just can’t get enough of it!
  • She smiles while looking at her mobiles and under her play gym. We call the animals of her mobile her “friends” and she seems to love them.
  • She slept from 12:30 am to 8:00 am one night – that would have great for me, but I kept waking up thinking she was crying or wondering if she needed me.
  • Got her shots, I’ve never heard her scream so long and loud, I felt so sad but knew it would be somehow good for her
  • After the shots, it took 2 weeks to get back to her “normal” schedule; she wouldn’t eat or sleep well for those 2 weeks, so frustrating.
  • She found her hands! Now she can’t stop sucking on them. It’s quite hilarious. We’ll be driving in the car and all we hear is this intense sucking and then her hand will move and loud POP sound comes from her tongue smacking the roof of her mouth. The hand sucking also soothes her, she’ll be tired and cry then find her hands and within a few seconds she’s out.
  • Sporting 3 month clothes.
  • She talks more and more with ahhhhs and grunts, love that!
  • She likes bath time more and more. We make eye contact the entire time and I talk to her, oh it makes me melt she’s just so stinkin cute!
Her "friends" the elephants
Right after bathtime and a full meal
The baby legs I made her

Check up stats
Weight: 10lbs 12oz (50th percentile)
Height: 22.5 inches (75th percentile - where did that come from??? The doctor asked how tall Mark was, I said 5'7" on a good day)
Head Circumference: 37.5 cm (25th percentile)

7/11/2010
Dear Bailey,

One of my favorite memories this month was when we were at church. I had just fed you and we were in Relief Society. You started to whimper a bit so I held you over my shoulder and patted your back, you quickly fell asleep. I held you with your head resting on my shoulder and I softly rubbed our cheeks together. I love holding you like this. It seems rare that we have time to just sit and cuddle during the busy day. We stayed this way for the rest of the hour and I soaked up your gentle spirit.

Love you,

Mom
7/28/2010
Dear Bailey,


Last night was a great night for me. I was holding you right before I set you down in your crib, the night light was the only light on and your room was soft and dim. You weren’t looking at me, but I was looking at you thinking about how happy we are to have you in our home. Then you turned your head and looked up at me like you knew I was thinking about you. We made eye contact and you smiled a huge gummy smile, of course I couldn’t help but smile back. You kept on smiling and started your baby talk, it sounded like “hey, hey, hey, hey, gooooo” all with a big grin your face. I knew you were trying to say, “I love you too mommy!”


 I got all teary eyed knowing that you know who I am and that you’re happy to be here too.


 Love you,


Mom

Again, watching her "friends" on her mobile


The Rest of July



We went on a family walk to get snow cones, Bailey was so cute in her little seat watching everything around her. She liked the ride so much that she SCREAMED every time we stopped.


She met the horses

Bailey's cousin Aurora Kamas Jones was born July 9th! She was 7lbs, 1oz, 20 inches and one week old in this picture. They are exactly two months apart. Bailey looks ginormous next to her, I can't even remember Bailey being that small!

Mike's big 30! Mikey came up for Aunt Mae's funeral but was able to stay for a week and celebrate his Birthday with us. He came down and helped me pack for a day, it was fun to have him around and watch him play with Bailey. He makes a great uncle.

I went out to lunch with my work friends who all had babies! So fun to see all these babies grow and to see what's ahead of me. Cassie is due in about a month in this picture, and Bailey is 2 months.

Angela and Cooper (6 months)

Natalie and Landon (14 months), Lesha and Brayden (4 months)
I'm going to miss these girls!!!

Allie had her baby Owen Michael Zeyer, 7 lbs on July 31st. She had quite the delivery, it was about 24 hours from the time her water broke. What a trooper. We get to stay with Allie, Hyrum and Owen on our way up to Moscow next week. Can't wait to meet this little guy!
Just a few hours old.

I think that's all, now it's time to pack, pack, pack, and clean, clean, clean. Moscow here we come!

3 comments:

Lindsey Bell said...

I'm so glad Allie had such a cute little boy!
By the way, that picture you posted of your friend Angela...I'm pretty sure that is Angela Haroldsen..her husband Mike grew up with Nick! Small world...

Unknown said...

Debbie, she is soooo cute!!! She has the most adorable expressions! I love the pictures!

Ashley said...

hey, hope you don't mind if I add you to my friend list now that we are friends. our address is aamuir.blogspot.com