Sunday, May 30th: A Name and a Blessing

Blessing Day

“Your mother and I are grateful for your goodness and purity.”

At three weeks we blessed our little Bailey. This is a little early than what most people do, but it was Memorial Day weekend and just about all of our family members were in town. We were just missing Hyrum (Allie’s husband) and Ben (Leslie’s husband), but Jake’s family came in from Washington, Rick came in from Virginia, Mike came in from Arizona, and Allie came in from Idaho. Since just about all of Mark’s family were in town we had family pictures taken that Saturday before. We love the way the photos came out! I’ll post some more when they are officially given to us. The one above is one that Holly took with my camera behind the actual photographer.
Sunday morning started out fine. I fed Bailey at 5:45 am and set my alarm for 7:30 to be able to get ready and feed her again and be on time for 9:00 church. Mark left early for his meetings – he’s the Elder’s Quorum President. I knew I had to feed Bailey again before the meeting or else she would be hungry and cranky during her blessing. I tried to feed her before church again, but she wasn’t cooperating very well and time started to run out! I didn’t get to burp her as well and she ended up spitting everything up! I tried to feed her again and the same thing happened. Pretty soon I just had to settle with whatever she was able to keep down, change her diaper, change her into her blessing dress and finish getting dressed myself. Boy was time running out! I ended up leaving the house at 9:00. UGH! How embarrassing! I’m late to our daughter’s baby blessing. I was just a few minutes late, but the meeting had started and I had to walk in panting and flushed. I sat down, took a few deep breaths and settled in.

Mark gave a wonderful blessing. I was so proud of him and of course I cried through it all. These are the things I wrote down from the blessing:

“Your mother and I are grateful for your goodness and purity.” Yes we are!

Mark blessed her with…

• good health and that her body and mind would function properly

• gentleness, kindness, humility

• the desire to gain a testimony of the Savior and that the true gospel will sustain her throughout her life

• that she would be led by the spirit to good wholesome friends to do good and live a virtuous life

• that she would partake of the covenants of the temple and receive all the blessings associated with those covenants

Mark was emotional throughout the blessing which just made it all so wonderful. I have the most amazing, gentle husband and the love we have for our Bailey grows each day.

After the blessing our families went to a park for a luncheon, I was so glad it was actually sunny!

The Hadley Family (Thompson Family photos coming soon)


The Girls

The rest of the week was pretty great, but also tiring! We had soooo many family activities on both sides. Every day there was something going on. With Mark's family everyone camped on Grandpa Walsh's property (except us), we celebrated birthdays: Leslie, Isaac, Eliza, Emma, Camry, Rick, and me. Allie and my mom came and visited me during the week a few times and helped me run a few errands. I had to clean out my classroom and check out of my school AND I had a jewelry show that weekend! Whew! Then it was time to say goodbye to everyone and life got back to normal  - except I'm not sure what "normal" really is yet. :)
The "Great Lawn"

Papa and Bailey


We played horseshoes

Birthdays!
Aunt Allie

My friends from work, remember this? (photo taken January 20th, 2010)


Well now it's this!!! (photo taken June 2nd, 2010)

Checking out of my school was kinda sad, I've had such a great time teaching Elementary Art the past three years. I will miss it and the wonderful kids, co-workers, administration, and parents I've become friends with. It was more like working with your best friends and family. Great memories at Freedom Academy!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Love the work pictures! I laughed out loud :) Can't wait to see you next weekend!