Friday, June 11th: Happy Birthday!


Well it was my 26th birthday this year and my oh my has it been a good year so far! I'm pretty sure that my favorite gift was Bailey, in fact, I really couldn't think of anything that I wanted for my birthday. I'm pretty content with life right now and I don't feel like I need anything else. This is also how I felt at Christmas, I just really couldn't think of anything I needed or wanted.
So on my birthday I decided to go to the mall with Bailey - her fist trip of many to come I'm sure - and just shop around. I found some nice clothes and shoes and purchased them as my gifts. Mark lets me do my own gift shopping now after a few incidents in the past :) Mark also surprised me with a nice bouquet of flowers, cookies, ice cream and a card that made me cry. Such a sweetie! Then we went to Outback for dinner while Aunt Carrie tended Bailey. This was our first outing without her and of course I couldn't stop thinking about her and how absolutely adorable she is. I just love my little family so much!
Earlier in the week my mom took me out to lunch to P.F. Chang's and we visited my Great Aunt Mae in the nursing home she just moved in to. This is the great woman that Bailey Mae is named after. It was so cute to see them together, Aunt Mae held Bailey and they were both smiling at each other. (those pictures are on my mom's camera and I will post them later). Bailey is crying in this picture, she started right as the waitress picked up the camera...perfect timing.
And don't forget about Sunday dinner at my parents house, we celebrated my birthday there too! Talk about feeling loved, thanks everyone!!!


This is kind of random...Mark brought home this HUGE bouquet of flowers one day and pretended they were from him to me as a late Mother's Day gift. They were really from his work as a "congratulations on having a baby" gift. Nice try Mark! Anyway they were beautiful and overtook our dining table for a few weeks. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bailey's so cute! She's growing too fast though. You have the cutest baby blankets! Where are they all from? I love the one she's laying on with her turquoise gingham dress and also the one she's wrapped in for her blessing. I remember being so stressed out for Josh's blessing too and trying to time everything out perfectly. It sounds like you've been so busy! You should be proud of yourself for doing all of that!

Debbie Thompson said...

Amy! I actually made all of those, I found the instructions at this blog http://every-day-mom.blogspot.com/2009/10/self-binding-receiving-blanket.html They are SO easy! Just find cute flannel at the fabric store and you can even use the extra strips of fabric to make burpers! Not like the burpers she has posted, but like the kind you buy at the store that are like cloth diapers.