July 31, 2011: Melba

Towards the end of July we took a trip to Melba for Owen’s 1st birthday (Allie and Hyrum’s 1st). We spent the weekend up there and Mark even got to come along since it was Pioneer day in Utah. I’ll admit, sometimes we get bored in Melba, but then Hyrum lets Mark ride his motorcycle, the boys go fishing, I photograph everything, we watch the babies play, and this time I even got on a dirt bike! So it turns out there are lots of things to do there you just have to make your own fun sometimes!

I've been wanting to practice lens flare for a while and I got some good chances on the farm as the sun went down. (Lens flare is the effect of the sun reflecting off the lens and creating colorful spots on the image)


This year Hyrum's dad planted corn instead of beans, talk about being secluded!









 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Awesome shots!

Matt and Jeanette said...

This is hilarious! I got a kick out of reading all about Melba through Debbie's eyes. What a place!! I love the picture of you on the 110 motorcycle. Its nice to see pictures of home!

Fab Five said...

I can't believe you were riding a motorcycle without a helmet! :) jk Great pics!

Lindsey Bell said...

Your pictures always look amazing. I love the ones at the top of your blog...I think I am going to ask you in a facebook message what program you use for editing pictures...

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures!! You should do simple photo-taking and photo-editing how-to blog posts-- I would love some instruction and ideas.